- Duration: 1 Day (6-Hours)
- Category: Biomimetic Dentistry
This 1-Day Hands-on event is ideal for dental societies and study clubs with a maximum of 24 participants.
This 1-day course provides a thorough introduction & overview of biomimetic dentistry with an emphasis on posterior indirect restorations. Learn how, and why the biomimetic approach is the ideal way to restore the strength, function, and esthetics of teeth. The pillars of Biomimetic Dentistry include understanding the properties of natural teeth and applying a restorative technique that most closely mimics and restores these properties. Traditional preparation and retention principles are replaced in favor of techniques that develop extremely strong, durable adhesion to tooth structure. This allows for conservative preparations which preserve intact tooth structure and preserve pulp vitality. This contrasts with the growing trend towards increasingly stiff restorative materials with excessive full coverage preparation requirements.
- Polymerization shrinkage and stress
- Immediate Dentin Sealing & Resin Coating
- Restorative foundation (build-up)
- Deep Margin Elevation
- Restoration Conditioning & Cementation
- Learn fundamental principles of adhesion including the influence of time, polymerization kinetics, and surface Conditioning.
- Learn about polymerization shrinkage and stress, and how to select the best restorative technique for a tooth.
- Learn techniques to increase bond strength to dentin by 400+% with Immediate Dentin Sealing.
- Learn biomimetic preparation, conditioning, and cementation protocol for indirect restorations.
- Learn how to maximize the bond to your restorations.
- Learn how to select the ideal restorative materials to restore structurally compromised teeth.
- Eliminate post-op sensitivity at the source.