Note: This 1-Day Hands-on event is ideal for dental societies interested in learning more about the biomimetic approach
During this course, the participants will learn how advanced adhesion is the ideal method to restore teeth back to natural strength, function, and esthetics. There is no need for mechanical retention and the resulting excessive preparation to allow for retention form or strength of restorative materials. This approach damages the ideal, and intact substrates in favor of prosthetic materials. The paradigm shift from mechanical retention to proper adhesive concepts and techniques allows us to restore teeth back to their original intact properties by emulating the natural properties of enamel, dentin, and the DEJ. This is the fundamental concept of the biomimetic approach, which is completely supported by both scientific publications and clinical experience. The secret to success relies on understanding the concepts and techniques that are necessary to get an extremely high bond strength and restore the natural properties of the teeth.
- Learn fundamental principles of adhesion including the influence of time, polymerization, and surface conditioning.
- Learn about polymerization shrinkage and stress, and how to select the best restoration
- Learn technique to increase bond strength to dentin by 400+% with Immediate Dentin Sealing
- Learn biomimetic preparation, conditioning, and cementation protocol for maximum function and esthetics.
- Learn how to maximize the bond to your restorations.
- Learn how to select the ideal restorative materials to restore structurally compromised teeth.
- Eliminate post-op sensitivity